Marketing/Social Media Intern
We are currently seeking a part-time marketing/social media intern to help us build, manage, and leverage social media and other marketing platforms. Qualified candidates will have passion for/expertise in marketing, promotions, and social media, and have strong editorial experience (writing, editing, blogging, etc). Priority consideration will be given to those who already have a strong online presence and blog and tweet regularly. A strong work ethic and a desire to learn are a must!
This is an unpaid internship; however, successful hired intern(s) will receive a formal letter of recommendation and/or course credit if approved by institution. The intern will also receive valuable insight into the operations of a small business and will be encouraged to suggest and implement their own ideas. We’re looking for someone to not just work for us but to also partner with us by presenting fresh new ideas and following through with implementation of those ideas.
Ideally, the internship would begin late May and end late August with the intern working approximately 10-15 hours/week (timing is flexible to suit the right candidate). Majority of the duties can be performed remotely; therefore, the ideal candidate(s) will have a flexible schedule, reliable transportation, cell phone, personal computer with high-speed Internet access and Microsoft applications. Access to Skype/webcam is a preferred. The balance of time would be spent at team meetings usually held at local coffee shops near Midtown.
• Strong internet and MS Office skills
• Familiarity with WordPress, Constant Contact
• Detail oriented, proactive, and self-motivated
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Professional, polished, mature and articulate demeanor
• Stellar writing skills
• Expertise navigating social networking platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
Responsibilities may include:
• Developing/Monitoring social media campaigns
• Engaging audiences in various social media sites such Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
• Managing the company’s social media accounts (regular updates, engaging with followers/friends, facilitating discussion threads, archiving content)
• Sourcing/research for blog posts
• Developing Constant Contact e-newsletters
• Updating content on websites (familiarity with WordPress a plus)
• Social media metrics reporting
How to apply
Send your cover letter, resume, links to some of your social networking profiles and any information that will help us make a determination to email@example.com.